Sunday, October 3, 2010
It' hard to feed a premiee
If you have never feed a preemie let me tell you it's rough. There is so much more to it than pick the baby up and throw the bottle in it's mouth. You have to hold them on their side, give cheek and chin support and count the sucks and breaths. and you have to pace them which means make sure they are breathing between the sucks and swallows. We have been giving allie bottles now for bout 2 weeks. Majority of the time the nurses or speech therapy feed her. The past few days i have tried and have not succseded. i could not get her to take it all the way in her time limit she is givin. I was starting to get frustrated and mad, that i could not feed my own baby. I felt like a failur or a bad mom. Tonight i tried again and I DID IT!!! WHOOO i am so excited. I feel like i can check off another thing i accoplished in my mommy book!!!! :) I love being ALLIE'S mom
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment