Monday, October 11, 2010
and I thought...OH NO
So since Allie has been taking bottles she has done wonderful. They have upped the amount giving by bottle. They have upped how many times she was getting botles. She was her speech thearipstest star student. Then on the 4th of october i ran out of breast milk. The medicine they give to bring in your milk made me go crazy so i aint taking that again. They have an herbal thing i can take called finugreek(maybe spelled wrong), but i was told that she couldn't have milk that had it in it until she was term. So back to my story, she got put on full formula the 4th and ever since then the umpth she has on takeing bottles has went down. It all started big time yesterday, when the best nurse at feeding a baby couldn't get her to eat. She hardly took any for me lastnight and this morning she took only half. So i thought OH NO. here we go again. I thought they are going to have to stop bottles because she is not tollerating them. Robin (speech) came in this afternoon to work with her and to see what is going on. She took only 8cc's out of 30cc's!!! UGGHHH is what i wanted to say. Then we all got to brain storming! And since she has been on full formula she has went down hill on the bottles. So speech, the nurse and I came to the conclusion. She is full of poop, she hasn't pooped in 21/2 days, and that she is probably full from it all so she dont want to eat. We also talked bout not likeing the formula. So we are trying a few things and ohh how I pray that they work. 1 we are stopping her iron ( causes constipation) and giving her liquid gliserin( to make her poop, they said clean her out) and then try tomorrow. If she is better tomorrow then thats all they are going to do. But if that does not work then they are going to change her formula and also they said i can take the herb to bring my milk back in and they will just add it to the formula like they was doing!! WHOOO I feel like we dogdged a big bullet there. I was so afraid that they was going to stop her bottles and we were going to be back to square one. I am so glad that it's because she is full of poop!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment